If you are reading this I assume you want to burn off some fat. Whether you are overweight and want to lose weight for health or self esteem related reasons, or if you just want to get rid of some fat to get a little leaner and more toned, this list of tips might be helpful to you. These tips are not any kind of miracle cures, but they can absolutely help you reach your weight loss goal. So lets get into it!
11 tips to help you burn fat
- Choose foods that fill you up more. Like fiber rich carbs and lean protein sources. Make sure you are eating plenty of fruits and vegetables, since these tend to be low calorie foods with high nutrition value.
2. Avoid unsustainable diets. A lot of people who wants to loose fat set themselves up for failure by throwing themselves into extreme and unsustainable diets. Not only are these types of diets unhealthy and can lead to disease, but more likely than not, you are going to ”cheat” or ”binge” at some point. When this happens you are going to feel unmotivated and it’s impossible to keep it going in the long run.
3. Make permanent changes that you are able to sustain. This goes a little back to tips number two, avoid extreme diets and quick fixes. If you want to successfully lose weight you want to do it slow and steady.
If you go on a extreme diet you might lose a lot of weight the first week or two, but you can’t keep it up in the long run, and when you go back to your old eating habits the weight will come right back.
4. Drink water. Make sure your drinking enough water trough out the day. Often when you feel hungry you might not be hungry at all, when your dehydrated or thirsty, it’s easy to confuse these feelings with hunger.
5. Throw out temptation. Make sure you only have healthy foods available in your cabinets, studies show that it’s easier to give in to temptation when you have those delicious sweets and salty snacks within reach.
6. Do both strength training and cardio. Running for an hour a day is not something most people want’s to do, luckily that is not necessary.
If you combine strength training a few times a week with taking an extra 20-30 minute walk a day, you will burn enough calories to loose weight and be able to eat enough to feel satisfied.
7. Prioritize sleep. Sufficient sleep is underrated when it comes to fat loss.
If you are not getting enough rest and sleep, you can get hormone imbalances, and hormones plays a big part in how the human body stores fat.
8. Count your calories. Counting calories might not be sustainable in the long run for the average person, but it’s its absolutely a great tool to master. If you count your calories just for a few weeks, you will learn how to estimate within a decent range how much calories different foods contain just by looking at your portion.
9. Try intermittent fasting. Intermittent fasting does not mean to starve yourself to lose weight. Intermittent fasting is a great tool for weight loss simply because its easier not to over eat when you have a certain time period to consume your calories.
If you want to learn more about intermittent fasting and the benefits of this, check our ”intermittent fasting” post.
10. Look out for liquid calories. A lot of people don’t think too much about the calories they consume from sugary drinks and other beverages. One small bottle bottle of soda can contain the same amount of calories as a decent meal, so if you have a glass of soda with your dinner you might end up consuming a lot more calories than you intended. So make sure you get most fluids from water or other calorie free beverages.
11. Find out what keeps you motivated. Try to always remember why you wanted to lose weight in the first place, when you are motivated it’s a lot easier to stay on track with your plan. You can also check out our ”how to stay motivated” post to learn more. About motivating yourself and staying motivated.
I hope you found these tips useful, and if you apply some of them to your weight loss plan, you might reach your goal a lot more effortless. Thank you for reading, and feel free to leave some feedback in the comment section below, I would love to hear about your weight loss journey!